Senior Manager of Product Development
This highly impactful Senior Manager will play a critical role leading physical product development and bringing new products to market. Snowe is seeking a candidate with a demonstrated ability for owning product in the home & e-commerce industry. This role requires the ability to rapidly adapt and manage multiple initiatives of varying priorities. The ideal candidate must be passionate about design innovation and keeping up with our exceptional growth.
The role is based at Snowe’s HQ in Manhattan.
- Own the Snowe product library, ensuring accurate product details and specifications are shared correctly both internally to the team and externally to customers
- Manage the process of bringing new products to market (build timing & action calendars, driving a process cross functionally, costing, and building initial buy plans, etc.)
- Analyze current business and metrics in order to identify future opportunities against company wide goals (top line targets, margin goals, etc.)
- Keep a continuous pulse on market trends, white space in the industry, and the competitive landscape
- Manage the product design process (including external design support) and guide the overarching creative process while still balancing margin goals
- Serve as the primary point of contact for product vendors, maintaining existing relationships & onboarding new contacts to internal processes
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams on new product launches and QC issues
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 4 years experience in product development and/or merchandising
- Minimum of 1 year experience in directly managing a team
- Experience in e-commerce & direct-to-consumer industry a must
- Direct experience in the home industry a must
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and eye for good design
- Ability to both think strategically and tactically, while managing and reporting up to other senior management
- Self-reliant, can quickly grasp new concepts and ask the right questions in the face of ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and track-record of working with others
- Exceptional analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload autonomously
- Willing to roll-up sleeves to take on nitty-gritty executional tasks that comes with an early-stage start-up
This role will require traveling to various factories & trade shows domestically & internationally (10-20% travel).
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Requires regular walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regularly requires moving or lifting items under 25 pounds sustained, and occasionally items that weigh more than 30 pounds.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible PTO policy
- Health and dental insurance
- Access to fitness benefits, commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Computer ownership subsidy
- Employee discount on all Snowe products
- Frequent team “Snocials”