Snowe is seeking a highly creative, motivated, and well-connected Communications Manager to join our team. The person in this role will work closely with our Marketing team and founders to help amplify the brand’s mission and messaging through thoughtful, outside-the-box pitching and ideation.
The ideal candidate has experience and interest in the worlds of interior design, general lifestyle, and direct-to-consumer businesses. More importantly, they understand the changing landscape of media and PR, and are enthusiastic about approaching a communications strategy with a new point of view. We’re looking for a hard-working, savvy professional who is focused on headline-worthy storytelling.
The role is based at Snowe HQ, in Manhattan, NYC.
- Come up with BIG ideas that help us tell the brand story – as well as product launch stories – in ways that are fresh, interesting, and break through the noise.
- Constantly think of out-of-the-box ways to tell the Snowe story in a way that’s relevant to what’s happening in the world and in different communities.
- Be a friendly, QUICK, and engaging contact with the media.
- Keep in contact with relevant editors and handle product gifting, call-ins, and seeding; keep an updated list of important contacts.
- Create guidelines and templates for successful gifting, brand introductions, thank-yous, etc. for team and founders.
- Work with marketing team on events for press and influencers.
- Amplify marketing team’s efforts such as events, partnerships, and social initiatives.
- Manage & identify relevant speaking engagements for Snowe Founders.
- Host press for intimate one-on-one’s or larger group time in our retail spaces.
- Stays on top of the media world as well as where the competition is winning.
- Track press hits and think big about how they can be used to benefit the company in new ways (i.e. in ads, etc.)
- 3-6 years of executional experience in public relations, with an emphasis on start-ups, the design industry, lifestyle brands, and/or direct-to-consumer companies.
- Well-developed rolodex of relevant editorial contacts, as well as the ability to properly and effectively cold-pitch.
- Relationships with ecommerce editors and experience with affiliate marketing is a plus.
- Ability to chat with anyone & everyone, all while forming authentic relationships.
- Self-starter with superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing deadlines, and report out to leadership.
- Excellent problem-solver with a “get it done” attitude & self initiated drive.
- Collaborator who thrives in a team working environment.
- Willing to roll-up sleeves to take on nitty-gritty executional tasks that come with an early-stage start-up.
- Ability to not only spread the word effectively, but help develop programs to be as press-worthy and exciting as possible.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible PTO policy
- Health and dental insurance
- Access to fitness benefits, commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Computer ownership subsidy
- Employee discount on all Snowe products
- Frequent team “Snocials”