Product Development Associate
Snowe is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented and motivated Product Development Associate to support the Merchandising team on the execution of product development and sourcing initiatives. The candidate will work closely with internal and external teams to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing the product development calendar.
The role is based at Snowe HQ, in Manhattan, NYC.
- Manage product development timing & action calendar, project plans and closely track and report on status.
- Coordinate all aspects of new development from concept to launch including sampling, design reviews, approvals, ordering, packaging, production and delivery.
- Maintain and ensure consistency of product information across all databases and customer-facing materials.
- Manage daily supplier communication to ensure product specifications, quality standards and deadlines are met.
- Creatively troubleshoot product QC issues with CX and Operations team.
- Shop the market and competition regularly to understand the execution of our brand strategy in a competitive retail environment. Be able to clearly articulate product development opportunities and make recommendations to react to both business and market trends.
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Product Development, Production or Merchandising in a retail company, preferably in Home Fashion.
- Exceptional communication skills and collaborative working style; thrive in team working environment.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and eye for good design
- Proficient in Excel and PLM platforms. Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Self-reliant, can quickly grasp new concepts and ask the right questions.
- Self-starter that is extremely organized and adept at working with timelines, budgets and reporting.
- Extreme drive that is contagious - very-hard working, bordering on perfectionist.
- Willing to roll-up sleeves to take on nitty-gritty executional tasks that come with an early-stage start-up.
This role will require traveling to various factories & trade shows domestically & internationally (5-10% travel).
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Requires regular walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regularly requires moving or lifting items under 25 pounds sustained, and occasionally items that weigh more than 30 pounds.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible PTO policy
- Health and dental insurance
- Access to fitness benefits, commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Computer ownership subsidy
- Employee discount on all Snowe products
- Frequent team “Snocials”